There are numerous good restaurants in the town. Most of the hotels also offer restaurant facilities to non-residents.
- The Brewery Bar and Restaurant located on the Market Square, has a great ambience with excellent food and wines. Very popular Carvery lunches also. Tel: +353 (0)74 9127330.
- The Lemon Tree, located on Lower Main St, is a pleasant, mid-priced place to eat. Main courses around €15.00 to €20.00.
- The Yellow Pepper, Lower Main St, is also well worth a visit, with consistently good service.
- Kelly’s Diner, Mountaintop, is located on the road to Dunfanaghy, about 2km from the Hospital Roundabout and is a good place to stop when touring from Letterkenny.
- Pat’s Pizzas, on the Market Square, one of Letterkenny’s longest running eateries and still serving excellent pizzas.
- Arena 7, Ballyraine Retail Park, Ramelton Rd. The Wood Berry Grill Bar & Restaurant at Arena7 is a must visit. Offering great dining in stylish surroundings with an ambient atmosphere to make for a great evening out with friends or family.
- The Grill, Port Rd. One of the longest established music venues, incorporating Bellas and Rouge . Open from 11:30pm – 2:30am. Quiet except on a Sunday night when it’s popular with 18-20 years olds.
- Voodoo, Lower Main St, Over 18s Open 11pm – 2:30am
- Pulse Venue, Port Rd. Popular with over 25s, open 11:30pm-2:30am.
- The Central, Upper Main St., open on Monday nights.
- Gallaghers Hotel, Bar food served daily from 4pm in the Ard Na Caipri Bar. Full restaurant in the hotel also. Live acoustic music on grand piano each Saturday evening
- The Old Orchard Inn serves bar food all day, with a buffet lunch at €9.50 on weekdays. Located on the High Road, Letterkenny.
- Warehouse Bar and Kitchen located beside Gallaghers Hotel on the Main Street, serves food all day and has djs and live music at night.
Fast food lovers are spoiled for choice in Letterkenny.
- McDonald’s is located 200 metres from Main St, on Pearse Road, which runs parallel to the Main St.
- Kentucky Fried Chicken is a drive-thru, not really suitable for walkers as it’s outside the town on the Derry side.
- Pat’s Pizzas. Two outlets, one on the Main St. (called Pats Two) and the other on the Market Square. Very good pizzas.
- Four Lanterns. The Original Donegal Fast Food located in the Market Square and also on Port Road.
- Domino’s Pizzas. The worldwide franchise has a branch on the Pearse Road, mainly take-away with outdoor seating only.
- The Friar’s Rest is located in the Glencar area of the town. Irish breakfasts are very good value here, served up to 12.30 pm.
- Charley’s Cafe is one of the oldest established fish and chip style cafe’s in the town, excellent for homemade chips!!
- Four Star Pizza is located at the Station Roundabout in Letterkenny and offers you a truely authentic NYC experience.. Open late over the Rally Weekend.. 0749122444
CAFÉS AND SNACK BARS
There are many other cheaper cafés that serve food and snacks all day at reasonable prices:
- The Quiet Moment, at Upper Main St
- The Kitchen, Main St, next to the Courtyard.
- Mr Chippie, Station Roundabout, near Tesco.
- Subway. 2 outlets, Upper Main St. & Neil Blaney Road (near roundabout)
- Timepiece, Dunnes Stores, Forte Shopping Centre.
- The Sandwich Company, Forte Shopping Centre.
- Mac’s Deli, High Road. Really good, but small.
- Charlie’s Café, Pearse Road. An old-fashioned ‘chipper-style’ cafe.
- Café Blend, High Road. Very child-friendly, with a special menu available.
- Shapla is an Indian restaurant located on the Derry road. it has a growing reputation for good food with locals.
- Tin Tai is the oldest and best known Chinese restaurant in Letterkenny, found at the end of Lower Main St. It has a very busy take-away and a seated restaurant. Open from 5 every evening unitl 11pm.
- Chinatower Located on the Port Road, also has a takeaway service.
- The Money Tree is located on the Main St and is another Chinese restaurant.
Remember, as with the rest of Ireland, there is no smoking allowed by law in the bars in Letterkenny. Some bars have a heated outside smoking area.
- Sister Sara’s, Port Rd. 3 floors with new smoking area and nightclub. Free admission with DJs Wed-Sunday. Renowned for its Saturday nights.
- Josie’s Bar, Lower Main St ☎ +353 74 9120800. Smoking hut. Music at weekends.
- Glencar Inn, Circular Rd, ☎ +353 74 9129151 More locals than tourists drink here. No smoking area.
- Tír Na nÓg, Ballymacool, ☎ +353 74 9168883. Out of the toen centre in a residential area, a real rally pub.
- Arena 7, Ballyraine Retail Park, Ramelton Rd, ☎ +353 74 9128853 Noisy and family orientated. Small smoking area at the rear.
- The Cavern, Lower Main St, ☎ +353 74 9126733. Pub that caters for sport-lovers, big screens abound when games are on. Good smoking area, heated, with tables.
- Central Bar, Main St, ☎ +353 74 9124088. Has a lovely, whitewashed courtyard, resurrected to cater for smokers, worth a visit.
- Dillons Bar, Main St, (part of Dillons Hotel), ☎+353 74 9122977. Live music every Friday and Saturday nights
- The Brewery Bar, Market Sq. ☎ +353 74 9127330. Good atmosphere and worth a visit,
- Blake’s Bar, Main St. A quaint bar with plenty of character, and characters!
- The Cottage Bar, Main St. Traditional-style bar, built to look like an old Irish cottage, with an open turf fire. Excellent Guinness, well worth the visit.
- McGinleys Bar, Lower Main St. Old-Style Pub with open turf fire and live music Wednesday-Saturday night, including traditional music on a Wednesday evening
- The Mill View, Newmills, Not strictly in Letterkenny, but it is next to the Newmill Corn and Flax mills about 10 km from the town and serves food in the diner attached.